Views:222 Author:mromanmachine Publish Time: 2019-02-28 Origin:Site
Plastic injection molding, a growing sector of the plastics industry, is the most common process used to manufacture plastic parts. The plastic injection molding machine process is fast and designed for the production of large quantities of the same plastic product within a short time frame. Today, materials frequently used include thermoplastic, thermosetting plastic, elastomers and/or metal. The metals traditionally used in plastic manufacturing are being replaced by high-performance plastics that can withstand high temperatures.
The plastic injection molding is widely applied in the manufacture of plastic parts, whether they are medical equipment or toys. In the aerospace industry and particularly in the automotive industry, plastic injection molding is used in the manufacture of many parts. There's probably a plastic object at almost every corner. Chances are it was made by an injection molding machine.
In recent years, there has been a number of changes in the injection molding industry including a faster time to market. One of the main business strategies of plastic injection molding manufacturers is to work with tooling partners to reduce manufacturing times.
Injection molding basic manufacturing process:
The plastic is melted in the plastic injection molding machine and then injected under high pressure into a mold. There, the material is cooled and solidified to finally be released by opening both halves of the mold. This technique results in a plastic product with a predefined fixed shape.
To facilitate manufacturing, parts that play a role in the plastic injection molding process must be carefully designed. Products manufactured on plastic injection molding machines are first designed by an industrial engineer or designer. Then a mold maker creates the mold - usually made of steel or aluminum. This toolmaker takes into account all the essential conditions: the material used for the finished product, the properties of the product, but also the mold material and the properties of the plastic injection molding machine.
The injection molding process cycle itself consists of the following steps:
· The mold is installed in the injection molding machine (MMI).
· With the help of the clamping tools, the molding machine closes the mold and holds it in position during plastic injection molding.
· The plastic is poured into the MMI in the form of granules or pellets.
· The molding machine heats the plastic until it is liquid.
· The injection molding machine nozzle then injects the molten plastic into the mold with pressure and fills the cavity with the plastic liquid.
· The molten plastic cools to form a solid product.
· Finally, the cooled product is then pushed out of the machine as a finished part by the ejectors. This completes the injection molding process.
The cycle time of the plastic injection molding process can be divided into injection time, cooling time and reset or switching time. By reducing one of these times, we reduce the manufacturing cost. Frequent mold changes reduce inventory and allow us to respond more quickly to market demands.